- Sign up a Google account.
- After that, sign in appengine.google.com with your Google Account. Click on “Create Application” to proceed.
- Fill in the requested information with dummy data and click “Create Application” to proceed.
- In “Application Registered Successfully” page, click on “dashboard” text link.
- In dashboard, look for “Application Settings” on the left panel and click on it.
- Under “Domain Setup” section, click on the Add Domain… button.
- Now you will be able to see a link named Sign up for Google Apps Standard. Click on it to sign up Google Apps for free.
- You’ll be redirected to a sign up page where you’re allowed to get started with Google Apps for free.
With the steps above, you can sign up Google Apps for free, but only for 1 user. It is a pretty useful workaround to use Gmail or other services to fit your business with your custom email address.